Monday, January 30, 2012

Riding Through the Heavens

Sitting in my quiet time this morning, before I opened the Word I was just meditating on the Lord and I had a sweet thought of that glorious day when Jesus will ride through the heavens on a white horse…. what a day that will be!! IMG_0015During my actual quiet time, the Lord through two separate resources I’m going through brought me to the passages of Deuteronomy 3:26-27

"There is none like God, O Jeshurun, who rides through the heavens to your help, through the skies in his majesty. The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, Destroy.”

and

Psalm 18: 1-2, 6, 10

“I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

In my distress I called upon the LORD; to my God I cried for help. From his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears.

… He rode on a cherub and flew; he came swiftly on the wings of the wind.”

While I don’t pretend for a moment to know what “riding through the heavens” would look like, it still amazes me. And He there are several things that I do know:

I know that He is my Defender, my Protector, my Provider, my Refuge and Rock. His ears hear my cry and His eyes watch me day and night. His everlasting arms are underneath me!

Who am I, O Lord? Who am I that you would be mindful of me?

I’m humbled by your greatness and filled with gratefulness towrds your grace and mercy towards me – I am so unworthy, yet you chose me and called me anyway….

May you use my life in accordance to your will for Your glory!!

I pray that you will be glorified in my life and your power be made perfect in my weakness. (2 Cor. 12:9)

No comments: