Thursday, February 2, 2012

Alexaism: Movie Lines

Alexa has an unnatural ability to remember things that she hears, particularly if she hears them more than once. She usually learns her AWANA verse for the week after the first few times of us telling it to her, she learned my phone number after just one day, and she repeats things I (and others) say often (too often sometimes) :) IMG_0091 A few of her favorite things to watch/listen to right now is her Tangled movie and the Lion King Storybook CD (like every morning she listens to it).

So throughout the day as she’s playing, coloring or even sitting by herself, it’s not uncommon to hear her repeating lines from the movie/book – lately a few of her favorites have been:

“Who are you and how did you find me?”

IMG_0130

“We must leave pride rock.” “We’re not going anywhere!”

“You gotta put your past behind ya!”

“Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair!”

“Just let me heal him” (when Rapunzel wants to heal Flinn after her mother stabs him) this one she says with a “voice” – so funny. IMG_0196

“Okay, we’re going to be late, it’s time to go, it’s time to go. We’re going to be late!” (this one is from one of the Free Willy movies that her and Treyton watch in the van).

IMG_0366She has an amazing memory, and has such a flare for the dramatic, together it’s entertaining, to say the least! I love to see her developing her gift of memory, and I can’t wait to see how the Lord will use it in her life. IMAG0289

1 comment:

Erin L said...

Oh my, the "who are you and how did you find me" line is used daily by Olive! Too funny!