Saturday, March 31, 2012

Alexaisms: Pee-YOOUUU and Prayers

Alexa and Treyton have started this “hilarious” saying around our home whenever they smell something stinky or see something disgusting. IMG_1015I can’t remember exactly when it started, but after the first time I hard one of them say “Pee-you, that’s delicious!” I asked where it came from (thinking it was some movie or TV show I missed). But, no, that’s not it at all.

Supposedly the story goes (and excuse the brashness of this story if you will). Alexa had this great idea to place her butt near Treyton’s face and pretend to fart. She then told Treyton that he was supposed to say “Pee-you, that’s delicious”, to which, apparently he agreed.” Since then, it’s been all the rage!

Tonight, we found some moldy bread in the pantry – Alexa upon seeing it said what? You guessed it “Pee-you, that’s delicious”.

We found a smooshed worm in the driveway to which one of the kids replied? Yup “Pee-you, that’s delicious.” IMG_1477

Honestly, I don’t know where this girl comes up with this stuff.

The sad reality is, I don’t get the chance to post even half of what she says, and I wish I did …. she is such a hoot, and half the punch line is always her expression. She is a true clown at heart! She makes me laugh EVERY DAY – multiple times!!

~~~~~ IMG_1437 (Alexa covered in mud, after following her brother up a pile of sand to collect rocks, after playing in the water)

Treyton is our little theologian, always has been, he knows his Bible stories well and understands things far beyond his years. He has a love for the Word that I’ve seen in very few people, particularly children. Alexa does not share this passion, but she is however a mighty, mighty little prayer warrior.

She has the ability and the confidence to speak to our Lord as a true friend, and she thinks often of going to Him with whatever she needs, big or small.

Her prayers usually start out with a small request, something like “Dear Jesus, please don’t let my knees hurt today,” and then continue on into an explanation and/or conversation with an old friend, just filling Him in on the details of her life. “When my knees hurt, I don’t have any fun, and it’s so hard for me not to cry and whine. I know that I don’t like it, and I don’t want to feel it anymore. Sometimes when I am outside playing my knees hurt, but usually it’s when I’m inside. It’s so hard to play with my knees hurt, so please make them not hurt and help mommy not to yell at me, and Audrey not to whine and cry. Dear Jesus, Amen.”

She’s quite the little talker, so her prayers can actually last a little while, which I think is so awesome. Rarely does she need to think of what to pray, she just says what is on her heart.

Just now, Tim came downstairs, where I’ve been working on lesson plans and said “Your daughter is praying.”

Lately Alexa has been working really hard on not peeing in her diaper at night (she is potty trained during the day, but not at night). I made a deal with her that when she doesn’t pee in her diaper at night, she can do quiet time instead of nap time. Last night, she got up for the first time (at 2am) to go potty!!! We are all so proud.

So tonight after dinner, I was downstairs, Tim was cleaning up from dinner and Alexa was sitting in the living room, seemingly talking to herself. Tim asked Lexie a question and she said “Just wait, I’m praying.”

When Tim came downstairs, you could still her “going to town” just talking to Jesus!! Tim said she was asking him to help her not to pee in her diaper.

Isn’t that the most precious thing you’ve ever heard of?!?!?

IMG_1459

No comments: