Sunday, March 11, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Audrey!

Audrey is my precious little baby girl…. still (and forevermore)!! She is a lovable cuddler, which brings such joy to this mamma’s (and daddy’s) heart. IMG_1130Although she still doesn’t talk, she is learning to communicate in her own way, which is nice.

The other day, I was painting Alexa’s fingernails and toenails for her date night with Daddy-o. Audrey came in plopped herself down next too us, and slapped her own feet – clearly telling me she wanted her toes done as well. So, for the first time, she got her toenails painted an unmistakably bright pink that could not go unnoticed!! IMG_1188In addition to her own unique methods of communication, she has also learned to say “please” and “thank you” in sign language. I plan on teaching her more, but to be honest, I can’t decide which ones to teach… maybe “more” and “all done” those seem to be popular ones.

She LOVES to dance with Alexa and Treyton, and is getting faster all the time. She’s taking stairs up and down completely on her own, which has only expanded her options for “hoarding” and “collecting” miscellaneous items throughout the house. I can’t remember a day when I didn’t have to look for at least three things that she has wondered off with for her own collections. IMG_1163

Audrey enjoys being a part of school. She has her own chair, and tools to use, which keeps her involved throughout the morning. Most of the time, she just likes to sit in the chair with me, on my lap, behind me, next to me, doesn’t really matter, as long as she’s close.

She’s got quite the joyful personality, she laughs a lot especially at Alexa. I love the sound of the girls playing together. It’s been within the last couple of months that they’ve actually started interactive playing with one another. IMG_1132

Audrey is also becoming nurturing and sweet to her brother and sister and is often seen patting their backs, and rubbing them when they are sad or crying.

She is a little ham saying “cheeeeese” for all pictures, which makes it a little more difficult to get a natural smile from her, but that’s okay I guess… it’s part of who she is, and it really does show her personality.

Tim and I feel so blessed to watch our little peanut grow into a little girl, it really doesn’t feel like two years since she was born… I know it sounds cliché’ but it really does feel like yesterday…

1 comment:

Ashley Skye said...

Love love love the pigtails. She is the cutest little thing and her cheese face seriously just puts me over the edge. As far as sign language I have been told and plan to get baby einsteins first sign words, the next thing I want to teach Peyton is different types of food cereal soup cracker etc etc. also relationships mama daddy baby brother. I seriously just love her to pieces