Thursday, May 10, 2012

Treytonisms: Seeing things his way

Treyton is a truly special child. I love watching the way his mind works, as he gets older, I love watching his personality and perception shape who he is and the way he views the world.

The other day we were reading a book for school about the difference between insects and spiders. There was a random fact in the book that stated something like “There are 10,000,000,000,000,000 ants alive on the earth.”

We were driving in the car the other day, and Treyton (randomly) brought this fact up to Tim. But after he through it out there, he waited a second and then said “But actually, there aren’t that many any more, because the other day, I killed an ant! So now, there’s 1 less.”

I seriously could hardly stop laughing. It’s not what he said, as much as it is EXACTLY the way he sees the world. Everything is black and white, he is completely logical, honest and takes things at face value. We have tried several times to explain things like estimation and grey areas of life, but he just can’t seem to comprehend it…. and that’s okay, for now.

~~~

The other day an AT&T truck was parked out on our road. The kids and I were in the yard. I hardly noticed it there when Treyton said “What’s an at-tat truck doing there?”

“What?” I said

“The at-tat truck? Why is it there?”

I told him it was AT&T but he must not have believed me, because a few days later when driving in town Treyton said “I just saw an at-tat truck!!”

1 comment:

Ashley Skye said...

I love when you post these. I love to hear the things they say!! Thank you so much your kids crack me up