Monday, July 23, 2012

God’s Powerful Presence

I am currently reading Sally Clarkson’s book “Ministry of Motherhood” it is excellent. I have been reminded and given motivation to model (and instill) more in my children than just the “basics” of life skills and survival. My role as a mother is an important one in their lives, and something that should not be taken lightly, by the world, and certainly not by me!

In her chapter on Inspiring a Sense of God’s Powerful Presence, I read this quote and I felt my body just cover in goose bumps:

“God is more powerful, mysterious, and wonderful than we can ever imagine. He cannot be contained by our thoughts or definitions and is in a sense wild and untamable and bigger than we are in every way. And yet he is also a God who goes to great lengths to reveal himself to us, to remind us that he is present in all the minutes of our lives. If we have eyes to see and ears to hear, the evidence of his power and presence is all around us. And those moments when we see him revealed teaches us so much. Even in the darkest moments of our own small lives, he gives us reason to trust him, to anticipate the miraculous, to dream of resurrection life and the hope it brings.”

Our God is truly amazing, more amazing than our best thought of Him could ever possibly reveal, yet reveal He does. I wonder how often I miss it because I’m not looking? Because I haven’t properly trained my eyes to see and my ears to hear.

I absolutely want to instill the gift of sensing God’s presence in my children, but even more than that, I want to instill and train it by example, which means I need to start paying attention.

1 comment:

ReneeK said...

What a lovely blog. I have enjoyed reading and looking around your blog. Many blessings.