Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Days Like Today….

On days like today I wonder why I do the things I do. 

I wonder if it's worth the time and sacrifice. I wonder if it would be worth the ease of turning you over for 8 hours a day to someone else to teach you. 

I know (in my head) that we're doing the right thing but I just wish there was a guarantee, a way to know that what I think is good for you, really will be in the end. 

On the days like today….

Days when I don't even take a look in the mirror, except for the few minutes it takes to brush my teeth. 

Days when I can't get a moments peace or a minute alone. 

Days when I just want to do what I want to do, but can't. 

Days when I just want to be alone. 

Days when the laundry seems like a bigger deal, than it really is, and a spilled glass of milk really does make me want to cry. 

…. it's on these days I must remind myself. The choice, ultimately is not about me, it's not even about you. It's about HIM and what HE has called us to. 

2 comments:

Jessica-MomForHim said...

Be encouraged, friend. You are NOT alone. We all have days like this. Monday was like this for me this week. Like you, I have to remind myself (sometimes on a daily basis!), WHY we are doing this. These days won't last, and His mercies are new every morning! And thankfully, kids are quick to forgive, and it gives us a chance to model repentance, patience, and so many other important things on a daily basis.
Praying your day goes better today!

Virginia Lee said...

Thank you, Amber for posting this. I get caught in the, it's about them thinking. You are so right, it's about Him and what He's called us to do. And most days I'm very happy for it. But oh there have been many "Days Like Today" for me lately. This is what I needed to read. Thank you for being real and transparent and reminding me to seek Him first. It's all about Jesus.