Thursday, January 3, 2013

Treasure Pondered 1.1.2013

There are so many things my kids do that I want to remember - things they say or do that seem so memorable when they happen, but that I forget nearly hours later when trying to retell them to Tim. I've committed to over the years trying to record the cute things that they say in my "overheard" posts - my "Treasured and Pondered" posts are going to be for things that aren't necessarily overheard but are done and that I want to look back and remember well. 

The title comes from Luke 2:19 "But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart." 

My children are one of the greatest treasures the Lord has blessed us with and I want to reflect on who they are and what they do and remember these moments - the moments that make my heart stop - forever. 

 

January 1st, 2013

After seeing that I was doing my morning quiet time. Alexa informs me that she wants to do quiet time and write in her notebook too. She sat next to me, quietly and started writing - I look over and see this: 

NewImage

I pray this will always be the message she write with her life. 

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Brought tears to my eyes!!