Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Creativity Displayed

Last night, we had a winter thunder storm. 

This morning after talking to my kids about it, I saw once again, through the "little" things their beautiful personalities revealed. 

Throughout the night there were periods of pretty loud thunder and lightning. 

Audrey, our light sleeper woke up and crawled into bed with us 4 or 5 times. The first time legitimately scared, I believe she had had a nightmare about Titus and something about outside. I consoled her and cuddled with her for a while and we brought her back to bed. The next three times, I'm sure the thunder had woke her up, but she didn't seem to be scared of it as much as enjoying cuddling in mom and dad's bed. 

This morning when I asked the older two kids if they had heard the thunder Treyton (our heaviest sleeper) was like "What? There was a storm?" 

Which is funny, considering the thunder at one point seemed to shake the entire house and the frozen rain was like little nails hitting our house most of the night, but whatever, I'm not bitter, I'm just glad one of us got a good nights sleep. :) 

Alexa said "I didn't know it was raining, but yes I saw the thunder and lightning in my dream! It was all different colors and beautiful like it was dancing." 

 

I love it…. same storm, three different kids, three totally different experiences. 

What a creative Creator He is!! 

1 comment:

wendy said...

Reminds me of my 2 oldest, my son would sleep through anything and my daughter would be up at the slightest noise... We had storms last night too, and naturally it started as I was going into the grocery store. Have a great week!