Monday, June 3, 2013

Book List 2013

To continue with the previous years, I plan on keeping an ongoing book list throughout the year to add to as I finish the books on my nightstand. 

(Side Note: before when I updated my book list, it would just update with the old publishing date, in the new blog writer program I'm using, it apparently, updates the date so it will "republish" each time I update the list….) So if you're seeing this AGAIN, if may be because I've added new titles, so check it out!) 

Non-Fiction 

Lord Teach Me to Pray in 28 Days by Kay Arthur - we did this study for our women's ministry at church. This is a phenomenal book. I learned so much about prayer. Taking the Lord's prayer and learning the indexes of how Jesus taught his disciples to pray has changed the way I look and think about prayer. This is a great study to do on your own, or with a small group. 

Lord, Teach Me to Study the Bible in 28 Days by Kay Arthur - we also did this study as one of our women's Bible studies at church. This is my first real introduction to inductive Bible Study and I really enjoyed it. I am grateful for the Bible study tools I've learned and will be abel to use for the rest of my life. 

Creature of the Word by Matt Chandler and Josh Patterson - this book is a great book on the church and what a gospel-centeered church should Biblically be. 

Desperate by Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson - I have raved before about how much I love Sally Clarkson (and her ministry) the Lord has gifted her in encouraging young moms. I recommend all of her books. In this book she teams up with a younger mother (Sarah Mae) and demonstrates what a mentoring relationship between an older and younger woman could look like - and how (regardless of how it looks) vital these types of relationships are, particularly to young mom's. Ladies, it's simple really, we need mentors and older women pouring into our lives!! And one day, we need to become that woman in other younger mom's lives. This book was very encouraging, and reminded me, once again, of how important my role as a mother is, and that even on the tough days, I have a God who can and will carry me through! 


What's on My Nightstand

Chosen By Love by Danny Bond - our old pastor wrote a book of the Doctrine of Election. So far, I think it's really well written and completely Biblical. I love how gently, and lovingly he handles a tougher doctrine in the church.

The Book on Leadership by John Macarthur - I am going through this book with my mentor, I'm only 1 chapter in, but I'm already realizing how important this book is going to be in my life, if in no other area than in the area of parenting!! 

 

NewImage

 

No comments: