Monday, August 26, 2013

Alexa's 5th Birthday

So I just realized with all the hustle and bustle of the summer I have yet to post about Alexa's birthday (today is Treyton's birthday). I feel like a horrible parent, but I'm trying to give myself a little grace. 

IMG 8970

For her 5th birthday, she requested a day at bay beach with some of her friends.

IMG 8928

Lucky for us, her friends are all from the same family, so we were able to have their entire family join us for a fun day at the amusement park and then back home for some pizza and ice cream cake.

IMG 8946
Alexa enjoyed a few new rides this particular trip - the big swings and the tilt-a-whirl. 

IMG 8915


IMG 8939

We ended up going to Bay Beach the Sunday before Alexa's birthday (July 7th) which happens to be Evaleigh's birthday. Here are the two birthday girls together. 

IMG 8931

Titus enjoyed the park enough for all of us, as well, but gratefully we all were able to enjoy it as well. 

IMG 8974

We truly love the Popp family and consider them some of our closest family friends. For (I think) the first time in the three years we've known each other, we got a picture of Amanda and I, and Tim and Shaun, while at bay beach. 

IMG 8967

IMG 8965

IMG 8980

Monday morning, Alexa's actual birthday, she was able to open her presents and play with them for a while before we had our first day of school. 

IMG 8994
Alexa loves school, so it was a perfect way to spend her birthday. Mommer was able to come to town as well, and she played with the kids while I worked one-on-one with the other ones, which made it even more special. 

IMG 9010

I feel like we were able to keep it fairly simple this year, which I really appreciated during such a busy season. And an even bigger plus, was that she still enjoyed herself and got to do exactly what she wanted. 
 
 
 
 

No comments: