Sunday, October 13, 2013

Review: Audrey Bunny

I recently had the privilege of reviewing Angie Smith's newest book "Audrey Bunny". 

NewImage

I've "known", or perhaps I should say "found", Angie back in 2008 when my daughter, Alexa was only 6 weeks old. Her writing has inspired and encouraged me on so many different occasions. When I heard she was writing a children's book I knew right away that I was going to own it! 

The story was inspired by Angie's daughter, Audrey, who was born and lived a few short hours on this earth with a heart defect. The day this book was released Angie shared even more of the backstory of this beautifully, heart warming children's story which you can read here.

BOOK REVIEW

This was a cute little story written from the perspective of a stuffed bunny with a mark on it's chest. Once one of twelve bunnies in a store, she was left as one of the last to be chosen, until one day a little girl, by the name of Caroline chooses her. Even once she is chosen, and named, Audrey Bunny struggles with fear of rejection.

This is a story about love, acceptance and friendship. Well written and very beautifully illustrated, it's an easy book to love.

Children and adults of all ages will fall in love with this story. I know my family did! 

 

BOOK DETAILS 

This book is priced to retail for $14.99 hardcover, however it is currently available on amazon for $9.99

 

GIVEAWAY

Thanks to Flyby Promotions and B&H Publishing one of my readers are going to receive their very own copy of the book!! 

This giveaway is open to readers in the United States and Canada only. 

To enter to win simply comment below (be sure to leave your email address) 

The giveaway will close on Monday, October 28th at 7:00am, a winner will be chosen by random, the winner will have 36 hours to get back to me or another winner will be selected. 

 

UPDATE: Commenter #8 has been selected by random.org Congratulations Amy!! 

8 comments:

mittelmommy said...

I would love to win this for Gage! The book was different than I thought it would be, but made me teary eyed since Gage has been struggling with his mark on his chest and as his mama sometimes worries that "he may not be chosen" BC of his special heart...so when this was read at co op I thought it would be a good book to share with Gage!!
Taemittel@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I would love to win this book! MrsJaredLong at gmail dot com

Tami Jo said...

That looks like an adorable book! tami_jo_jo@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

I loved the chance to read the book at co-op. it is a super sweet book.
amoschel@msn.com

Homeschooling Momtographer said...

Ooooh! I saw this recently and would love it! I've been following Angie's story for years now. I also found the illustrator on Etsy a few years ago and own one of her sweet prints. She was homeschooled too!
My email is cathartel@live.com. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I love the message this book brings. I would love to read and share it with my niece.
marypopmom (at) yahoo (dot) com
Merry

Kayla Rice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Kolbe said...

This looks so cute :)